Saturday, May 15, 2010

I have been having a great time working inside my head - but it is time to actually dye more fabric.  In the morning I am going to work with shades of violet - blue - fuschia.  I am going to follow the low water immersion dyeing process from paulaburch.net on rayon twill.  I have looked at all kinds of postings about the process, but her directions are the most extensive.  Here are pics of the latest shirts that are already completed.  This series of tester shirts has been a blast to make, and I love having lots of new t-shirts.

This vest is rayon, has great drape and fantastic deep color.  Here is the back:



Looks shapeless on the hangar, but hangs really well on me.  

And here is the last, a Kona cotton shirt that I vat dyed and then discharged.  The top panel is hand painted, the center and lower panels are hand painted and tied.  I love working with the discharge.



But now all I can think of is getting to work early in the morning.  More pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment